Herein find essays, musings, Haiku, and other traditional poetry.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Brief Assurance

I have successfully completed treatment for my second serious multi-drug resistant infection this year. This was not as grave a matter as was the first, but was no laughing matter. I do have a new infection, which overlapped the serious one. I am treating it with a normal course of oral anti-biotics; no more days spent at the hospital for IV infusions and testing.

Thanks for the prayers and well-wishing. I was mostly fine, but had a brief period of anxiety when things took a turn for the worse. It was like a replay of the downturn I had before, only this time there were other treatment options if my medicine failed. Last time, there was no "Plan B."

I wish I had felt like posting during this period of time. I did not for two reasons: I was too sick to be motivated about it, and I did not know what the outcome would be. I have a few people who do not need to hear of my demise. I hope to write a more substantive post shortly.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?