Herein find essays, musings, Haiku, and other traditional poetry.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Sheehan in the Spotlight

President Bush has already met with this woman. It is very rare for a citizen to get a few minutes with the President. He has paid quite enough attention to her. As I understand it, he listened earnestly, and made a remark or two clarifying his position on the war. Those who have flocked to join Sheehan just want vicarious attention, in my opinion.

The neighbor who fired his shotgun said he was supportive at first. He believes it is every American's right to protest. The numbers have swelled, though, and snarled "traffic" on a remote rural road. Additionally, there are more and more Port-A-Potties being moved in for sanitation.

I think there is a better solution than firing a shotgun, although it would be more expensive. I think the neighbor should rent one of those spotlights used by car dealerships and shine it all night, every night on the tents of the protestors. I'd kick in a donation on the rental.

If they want to be in the spotlight, so be it!
Comments:
I'm all for protesting. But come on. What does she want from Bush? To bring her son back from the dead?
 
I could understand her point of view IF her son had been drafted. I do believe that her son VOLUNTEERED to be in the armed forces.
Has she stopped to think how her son would have reacted to her protest?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?