Herein find essays, musings, Haiku, and other traditional poetry.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Why I Did Not Post for a While

I have depression, which is fairly well managed. I do get out of sorts and have to battle the beast at times, but it is much tamer now. Unfortunately, I was recently confronted by the Depression Monster on steroids!

I had a very bad allergic reaction to dust disturbed by husband's relocation of much of our library. Nothing was working, so I started a course of steroids. That fixed my allergies up, but I took a dramatic and inexplicable nose-dive in my depression. I was at one point afraid I might require inpatient care. Fortunately, that wasn't needed.

Almost as quickly as I had gone down, I bounced back. Unfortunately, I ended up with a little more serious respiratory trouble at the end of the course of steroids. It looks like I will be quitting smoking again. Wish me luck. Maybe, just maybe, I can actually do it this time.

(Cover your mouth when you snicker!)
Comments:
I'm used to the snickering too. That's why I don't tell anyone when I'm trying to quit anymore. Not that I've tried for awhile.

We've battled the depression monster in our daughter for years. Damn brain chemicals!! It's so hard to watch your loved one lose their zest for life.
I'm happy to see you back!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?