Herein find essays, musings, Haiku, and other traditional poetry.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Agreed!

I did something I thought was funny, but there was no one around to laugh. My dog was there, but he didn't really react. So, you get to read my tale.

I had just walked Zack, and we were headed back into the house. I stopped on the back porch, because there was a large bug smacking itself all over the walls and deck. It wasn't a June Bug, it hit harder than that. I got a look at it, and it appeared to be a Carpenter Bee. It continued to fly insanely about, though.

I couldn't time an entry to the house that would keep it out. Finally, I decided to just go in, since any moment was as good as the next. As I reached for the storm door, the bug hit me in the chest.

I leapt back several feet, full of frightened adrenaline. The bug dropped straight to the porch, and began to screech, almost like a scream. I looked down at it, and said, "Well at least we are agreed on that!"

It must belong to the locust family, but I have never heard anything like that before. It still haunts the back porch. I will walk Zack out the front door for a while. Any guesses on what its life expectancy might be?
Comments:
10 days?
No idea. We used to get locusts every x amount of years in Texas. They'd leave their skeletons or skins or whatever they were behind. Stupid bugs.
 
I feel so much sympathy - we had some bees swarm our front door area for a couple of days. I also laughed out loud. Good luck with that thing... (Sorry, I have no idea what it might be).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?