Herein find essays, musings, Haiku, and other traditional poetry.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Possessed by Rock

It's amazing to listen to music,
Intent on the feeling it stirs.
I'm becoming a happy Tourettic;
My energy rushes and whirs.

Now it feels like the drummer is using
My chakhras as bongos to beat,
And the riffs from the bass are infusing
My limbs with their liquefied heat.

With the band's composition evolving
(My body expanding inside)
There's an instrument swiftly revolving:
It dances within and beside.
I'm experimenting with punctuation. I will abandon it if it becomes too bothersome. I became uncertain of punctuation in poetry a while back, and I quit writing anything for a long time. Finally, I made a deal with myself: I would resume writing poetry if I gave up on punctuation. The above piece was written without punctuation. What I've added is just my best guess. In general, don't expect much punctuation, and don't waste too much time wondering at the odd squiggle you might see.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?