Herein find essays, musings, Haiku, and other traditional poetry.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

My Apology

I'm sorry my last few posts have been anemic. This one is, also. My elderly dog had his teeth cleaned today, and he is not altogether well. He seems to be improving a bit, but I might have to take him to an emergency clinic for pain medication. His vet cannot be reached to ask if he has already been given a dose of his prescription medicine. A double-dose would be dangerous. It will probably be kinder to just encourage him to sleep than it would be to take him on a thirty-minute-drive to the emergency clinic.

I guess the decision will be based on whether he stays awake in pain, or returns to his sedation. For those of you with pets, I'm sure you understand my dilemma. I wish the emergency clinic could just give me what they would give him, and spare him the trip.

I have a poem I thought I would post tonight, but I will save it for another time. If I am up all night caring for my dog, I might not be up for writing tomorrow, either. Bless his heart, as if he weren't having a bad enough day, he went outside and soiled himself, requiring a bath and scissors to clean.
Comments:
My heart is with you! I've spent more sleepless nights with the dogs we've had, than I did with my kids.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?