Herein find essays, musings, Haiku, and other traditional poetry.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Aaaarrrgh !!!

I wrote a long post today. I was pleased to have done a good job, and to have completed it shortly afternoon. I could enjoy the rest of Friday without Blogging on my mind. Then, blogger.com ate my post. They went down for maintenance. For hours, they didn't come back online. I remembered seeing a help item about recovering a post. I tracked it down in the help menu.

It said you might recover some of it that was auto-saved temporarily. For this to work, it had to be done within thirty minutes of the interruption. So, I was out of luck. Then it went on to say that you cannot leave the screen of the eaten post, or you will lose it permanently, anyway. So, just by looking up how to save a post, I had permanently destroyed mine. Unfair!

Well, it's not a perfect world. Nonetheless, I am going to sulk about this. You can never really rewrite something the same way. I liked what I had written. In the meantime, tonight's post will be a rerun. It has been a while since I posted instructions on how to comment. I will repost that for your convenience.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?