Herein find essays, musings, Haiku, and other traditional poetry.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

My Introduction to Am Chazak Oseh Shalom

I have written so much on Am Chazak Oseh Shalom's blog, that I thought my own readers should have some of the benefit, assuming it is a benefit. :-)
==========
YBM said...Welcome to my blog. This is my first ever post on my first ever blog. Thus, I shall introduce myself. I am a Jewish male in my early 20s, living in Ontario, Canada. I am a full-time undergraduate student and medical researcher and I will be writing on various topics as I see fit. I hope that, over time, my readers will inform me as to what they like and what they don't like.
==========
Sagepaper said... Welcome! I am brand new myself. I found your blog from a common interest listed: Tourette's Syndrome. I am on disability because of that and other conditions. I am awaiting a verdict on whether I also have Multiple Sclerosis. Is Neuropsychiatry your intended career?
10:34 PM
==========
YBM said... I do research on TS and I am pursuing a career in clinical medicine but have not yet decided as to whether or not it will be in psychiatry. Would you like to share more about yourself? and we could use that as a springboard for discussion on TS.
11:42 PM
==========
YBM said... Nice Haiku. Would you like to link to my blog: http://amchazakosehshalom.blogspot.com/
I will be glad to link to yours :) 4/18/2005 11:46 PM
==========
Sagepaper said... Thanks for the compliment on my Haiku! I am techno-challenged. I like your blog, and want to trade links with you. Please tell me how. You are *not* limited to 150 characters. :-) (My peel-an-apple question was limited thus; it was quite challenging!)
My TS is moderate to severe. The daughter of a physician, I went undiagnosed until I was in my thirties. All those years when I would ask Dad about my symptoms, he would reassure me that it was normal, he did that, too. I suppose you see the punchline: I told *him* he had Tourette's. That's where I got it; undiagnosed himself, he had thought nothing of my symptoms. Dad's case is mild, but I recognized myself in Sack's account of the surgeon. Neither Dad nor I saw ourselves in Witty-Ticcy-Ray.
12:27 AM
==========
Sagepaper said... FYI: My father is a frequent poster on alt.support.tourette. He goes by Sandy L. I lurk at times, rarely posting as TaiChimp.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?