Herein find essays, musings, Haiku, and other traditional poetry.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

I Can't Believe I Missed Wednesday!

Wow! I just started, and I have missed a day. I didn't even notice. I wrote so much yesterday in emails that I some how thought something had been posted here. Well, I guess my initial flurry of posts might keep folks occupied.

It is my intent to post daily. We will see how that goes. I think I am more likely to write multiple post on a single day than I am to miss multiple days. Thanks for Reading this, I'm glad my brief absence didn't discourage you!

Please make comments. I want a bit of human contact. Besides, I find others' views thought-provoking. And then, there is my ulterior motive: to build my stats.

This site tracks a number of different things about your Blog. Off the top of my head, I know it tracks total number of posts, average posts per week, total number of words, number of times your Blog has been viewed, and number of comments.

Now, most of that is up to me. However, there are two things you can do. First, check back here somewhat often. You might find a new post you like. Even if you don't, my number of times viewed will increase. Second, write me a comment. I'd like that, I hope :-) Even if you spew BS at me, my number of comments will go up.

So, why do I care about my stats? I don't know the details yet, myself. I have done some research on Blogging, and I have learned that to have a successful Blog, you must post frequently to attract readers. Now, I don't know what "successful" means, but it sounds better than "failed attempt." I suspect the word count is to try and catch people trying to post, "Hi," fifty times a week to look active. Average posts per week will help sort regular posters from those who start with a bang and end with a fizzle. Number of times viewed can reflect common interests with others, or some word-of-mouth promotion going on. The ultimate stat is comments.

That shows that you are a thought provoking writer, have a following, and might be worth a look. So, more people view your Blog. Of those, some will comment. When there are more comments, more people will read your Blog, and so forth. Eventually, you become a "must read" at least in some circle. From there, you might have the best "must read" Blog around on a certain day when a certain news story is hot, and somebody quotes you.

Then your stats go way up. After a few decades, who knows? You might be a guest on a late, late, late night show. Sitting right there with a singer who is well known in their town of 10,000.

So, I'm sure you wouldn't want me to miss out on that! Come here. Read. Write. Thank you!
Comments:
Hi.

xxyyy
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?